There’s never been a better time to discover your “inner loafer.”
Environmentally sensitive, White Sulphur Springs is just eight miles from the Blue Ridge Parkway in Mount Airy, NC. Bordered by the Ararat River and sectioned by creeks and walking trails, the community captures the spirit of small town friendliness and a “take-it-easy” lifestyle.
Say good-bye to dress shoes and the pressures of city living. Slip on your favorite easy shoes and explore the rolling hillsides, the gentle, bubbling river, the local wineries and the streets of Historic Downtown Mount Airy.
At White Sulphur Springs you will find…
- 7.5-acre Front Lawn for gatherings of family and friends and protected river frontage for fishing, canoeing or wadding
- Mountain views – 180 degrees of mountain ranges wrap around the region
- Over two miles of hiking trails
- Streams running throughout the community
- Conservation easements to safeguard the natural setting
- World-renowned, Mount Airy white granite to reduce grading and help control erosion.
- Mild climate for year-round outdoor activities
- Minutes to Historic Downtown Mount Airy, NC - listed in the top 25 places to retire (TopRetirements.com, October 2008)
- Enjoy living in an environmentally sensitive Arts and Crafts style home built with an appreciation of the nature, history and environment at White Sulphur Springs.
- Easy access tmajor cities and advanced medical care
- Small town livability and charm – friendly, welcoming –everyone is a neighbor.
Every day at White Sulphur Springs can be an adventure. May we suggest...
- Kayak, swim, fish, wade or skip rocks in the Ararat River.
- Ride a bike or take a leisurely drive on the Blue Ridge Parkway and through the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains.
- Go shopping in Historic Downtown Mount Airy - antiques, collectables, consignment and outfitters shops line our Main Street.
- Dine at a local restaurant for a true "small town" experiece. - Try the Snappy Lunch for a "World Famous Pork Chop Sandwich."
- Take in a concert or spend an evening at the theater. Surry Arts Council at the Andy Griffith Playhouse. Blackmon Amphitheatre.
- Absorb a little local history at The Mount Airy Museum of Regional History and J.E.B. Stuart birthplace.
- Tour the wineries. There are 25 in our Yadkin Valley Wine Region.
- Play lawn games on our 7.5 acre "Front Lawn." Challenge your neighobors to a friendly competition - croquet, horseshoes, volley ball, bocce or lawn bowling.
- Catnap in a hammock at our Whire Sulphur Springs "Hammock Park."
- Gather at the Pavillion's story telling area on the Front Lawn for an evening of toasting marshmallows and sharing local folklore with friends and family.
- Celebrate! Mount Airy hosts the Autumn Leaves Festival, Mayberry Days and free weekly jam sessions at the Downtown Cinema.
- Of course there are local golf courses including Cross Creek Country Club. Primland, just across the state line in Virginia, is a 14,000-acre resort offering golfers, hunters, fly fishing enthusiasts and all who love outdoor activities.